Amazon Associates

Wednesday

Feel Like a Woman

*cue Shania Twain song here*

The last couple of days I seem to have been bombarded with various points of view regarding what it means to be a woman. Not in the literal sense of course, but what it means to take pride in yourself. To be strong (both emotionally and physically). To be fit. To be a good mother. A good wife. The list goes on and on, but you get what I mean.

What stopped me in my tracks yesterday was the question about being ashamed of being a sexual woman. Feeling okay to ask your partner to up the kink in the bedroom, or try new things-even vanilla things, but new vanilla things.
You see, good girls don't talk about that stuff.
Right?
Go ahead, I'll wait while you finish laughing.

I'm not talking about whips and chains...unless you're into that stuff, in which case, more power to you. I'm talking about feeling powerful and able to take charge. Being comfortable being the instigator of whatever floats your boat.
Often times I see women who point towards their partner, saying he doesn't make them feel comfortable. Or, they point to him while saying they just weren't raised that way. Whatever.
I think this is why we like our heroes the way we do. The alpha bad boys with a good heart who just know what we want without communication. They touch that spot-right there-just the right way without any direction at all. It's like they have an inner GPS for the woman's body, or their woman's body at least, and they wield that knowledge to bring us to our knees.


Here's a reminder though...those guys are fiction. Not to say there aren't many wonderful amazing men out there. There are. But, we can't put our satisfaction or happiness solely in their hands.
We need to be strong enough to take charge. To tell them, even if we're blushing the entire time, that we'd really like to try that thing that was described in that book.
Heck, if all else fails, hand them a copy of that book, marked to that page and flee the room to pour yourself a glass of wine while he reads it. Men are simple creatures. Sometimes we have to be specific if we want something.
But, trust me. You will be happy you did.
Even if you were blushing the whole time.

What do you think? Should a man be able to read his woman's mind and just know what she wants? Or should we women stand up and take ownership?

More soon,
Carmen

5 comments:

  1. A mind reader is lovely - right up to where you're thinking you DON'T want him to know. Likewise, a man who seems to intuitively know all the right ways and places to touch you is also lovely. The thing is, even that man would love specific instructions or requests. And if you're blushing the whole while? He's likely to enjoy it even more. :)

    So, I agree. We do need to take ownership of our wants and needs. No one else can express them for us. Hopefully, he *will* respond positively. If he doesn't, the odds are strong that you have deeper issues on your hands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yeah, that's a whole different post. I assume, for the sake of this post, that your partner will respond favorably to being asked to spank you or whatever. (Not you you, Angel, but you know what I mean). ;-)
      I'm a big believer in "we get back what we put forth" so, if I want to feel sexy, I do what I have to do to make that happen. Amazingly, I get that response back. It's a magical thing.

      Delete
    2. Better be careful where you throw around that "you," Carmen. You'll give me a reputation. ;-)

      Delete
  2. This is one of the most delightful and TRUE pieces I have read in a while. On behalf of all men who really DO want to know how to make you exceedingly happy you chose us to love - thank you for saying what needed to be said.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so very welcome. It's one of those things that (in my mind) should be so glaringly obvious, but gets overlooked so frequently. I learned early on that if I want something, I should ask for it. And if I don't ask for it (or demand it as the case may be), I shouldn't complain when I don't get it. Simple concept, but...

      Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

      Delete