Amazon Associates

Thursday

One is the loneliest number...

I hear a lot about how writing is an introverted activity, how writers feel solitary and how a lot of that is by choice.

This has always made me feel like something of an outcast. See, I've met some AMAZING people through my writing. I've been mentored, encouraged and engaged.  I can't talk about other people's endeavors but for me, writing opened up a whole new world of friendships and peers.

I'll start by talking about Sabrina York...mostly because she will get upset if I don't.  Sabrina has been here before, talking about one of her books. I can't remember if she said it or not, but she's been published for a year. Fifteen titles in the past YEAR. Can you believe it?  Today is the anniversary of her first release, so as a thank you to all her fans...and those who want to be fans but haven't discovered her yet, she's offering her first self published title, Rebound, for free on Amazon.
Get it here.
I met Sabrina through our local RWA chapter and by volunteering for the Emerald City Writers' Conference, which she was chairing at the time. We've dragged our husbands to dinner, where they sit and listen to us chatter about everything...
This is a friendship I treasure...even if she doesn't give me any bling in her give aways. (There will be more giveaways today to celebrate too.) Go to her website or track her down on Facebook...tell her I sent you.

Another wonderful friendship developed in the same way is the amazing Anna Alexander.  Anna released her first book the same day Sabrina did. Talk about thick as thieves   Anna writes about erotic super heroes.  Freakin' YUMMY!  And, she's the only person I know who has been told that something she wrote was TOO HOT for Ellora's Cave.  I can't make this up!
Anna took me on as her assistant, introduced me to everyone and showed me how a smile can win over the worst critic.

I owe these women so much. For their smiles, laughter and friendship I thank them more than I can express. And I never would have met them had I not stepped out of my writing cave.

Over the next few weeks I'm going to introduce you to a few other friends who have held my hand at times and always been encouraging.

More soon,
Carmen

7 comments:

  1. testing....c'mon blogger, be my friend today....

    ReplyDelete
  2. And did we mention? Rebound is FREE? Today???

    Carmen, thank you for posting and thank you for being such an amazing friend and mostly, thank you for taking over conference so I can focus on writing!

    You are a rock star. Cannot wait to celebrate your Virgin Release Day as well.

    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And it'll happen! :-) It's been a wild ride, and I've only been sitting on the sidelines.

      Happy Anniversary m'dears!

      Delete
  3. Ahh, thanks! You're right. The bestest friends I have are those I've metmet through writing. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trying this again...
    I've met some amazing people since beginning my journey as a writer. Who else could possibly understand the often odd and rather demented journey of writing a book? It's an amazing community.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is. And the benefit of being a romance writer over other genres (or so I hear) is that everyone is so supportive and honestly wants you to succeed too!

      Delete