Amazon Associates

Monday

The Perfect Glass

Despite it being early in the morning, I just wrote something that made me laugh out loud. I seriously thought I was going to wake the kids the way I was carrying on, and the idea quickly bumped my planned blog post for this one. (It's entirely possible I need more coffee)

My characters just sat down and the heroine got a glass of wine. A nice crisp chardonnay. And then she slipped an ice cube into it. There was a gasp of outrage from a few people in their crowd and she felt the need to defend herself. They, after all, we sipping whiskey over ice. What's the difference?
This lead to a discussion on the differences in booze. What can and can't be served over ice. What's a manly drink, what's a girly drink. What shouldn't even be called a drink because it's a spritzer. (Is that some type of perfume? What the hell's a spritzer?)

So, what do you think? Is there a hard and fast rule about what can be served over ice and what can't?

1 comment:

  1. The only things I tend to drink are margaritas and an occasional daquari both of which require LOTS of ice and wine. Chardonnay which I do also add an ice cube most often. I like to sip it and I like it cold.

    ReplyDelete