Amazon Associates

Saturday

Was that out loud?

Do you remember when you were a kid, and your mom would tell you to use your "inside" voice? Or put on your "listening ears"?
Since I started writing, I've been forced to realize that I sometimes say things out loud, that probably would have been better if I'd only thought them.
For example: "This would be a good place to dump a body." That one turned more than a few heads at the family reunion we were attending at the time. To put an even more amusing twist on it, my husband's 90 year old great aunt had great fun loudly speculating who I was planning on killing off.
I've also been known to ask a sales girl at a clothing store about the security of their back room and dressing rooms. Thank god she had a sense of humor when I belated realized how creepy that question sounded.
I'm lucky enough to spend most days with a former trauma surgeon. He's gotten pretty used to me starting a conversation with, "If I shot someone here [pointing]..." or "What type of an exit wound would an arrow make?" or "If I were to drug someone...." He hardly ever asks if I'm asking for my writing anymore.
What are some of the funny things you've said?

Thanks for stopping by!

Carmen

No comments:

Post a Comment