Amazon Associates

Wednesday

2 days until Christy Reece/Ella Grace stops by!

That's right, 2 days. 

Day after tomorrow. 
Also known as: 

I'm so excited that Christy is going to be stopping by. She is one of the people that started me down my path to writing. I can't remember all the details, but a few years ago I took one of her characters and wrote a short scene, just for fun. It involved a potato silencer, guns and possums. It was riveting, let me tell you. (Ha!) But because of that one little scene Christy reached out to me and told me I had talent. (Seriously?) She pushed me to join RWA, strong armed me to step out of my comfort zone and attend my first meeting at my local RWA chapter (GSRWA) even though it was about taxes and I didn't think I should attend. She sent me a few resources about writing romance which she found helpful when she was starting out...all of it. I couldn't have asked for a better cheerleader or friend in my corner. 

So, to introduce you to Christy (who has just released a book as Ella Grace as well) I wanted to point out a few things you might not know about her. Directly from her website.

Seven Obscure Things You Might Not Know About Me: 
1) I once jumped out of a plane to impress a guy. (Fortunately, I had a parachute attached to me)
2) When vacationing, I prefer the beach or lake. (Hubby prefers the mountains)
3) I once fell asleep on a plane and got off at the wrong airport. (It wasn’t funny at the time)
4) I adore all animals but am partial to dogs. (I have 5)
5) Weeping willows and Mimosas are my favorite trees. (I’m allergic to both)
6) My first day of college, I walked into the men’s bathroom. (I thought it was a classroom. Honest!)
7) My dream vacation is Scotland and Ireland. (I’m quite certain I will see Gerard Butler)


Be sure to stop by on Friday to chat with Christy. There may even be a prize being offered. ;-)

See you all then!

Carmen

10 comments:

  1. I love love love Christy Reece aka Ella Grace!! I'm so excited she'll be stopping by Friday. I can't wait to hear what you both have come up with. It's awesome that she helped push you into your natural talent of writing. Very awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Crystal! I'm not sure if it's a good thing when she emailed me back exclaiming "What interesting questions!" LOL But I can guarantee we'll cover a lot of topics. Hopefully you'll all find it interesting and learn something new about her.
      And it really is great how she pushed me. I owe her quite a bit. :-)

      Delete
  2. I can't wait for Christy to get here. So glad your paths crossed because I am looking forward to your book. I am sure your going to knock it out of the park. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jackie! It's undergoing some MAJOR revisions at the moment. I almost need to put traffic cones up around my desk it's so bad. But I'm really excited for it. I think it's going to be so much better when I finally pull it all together.

      Delete
  3. I am a HUGE Christy fan, I can honestly say that some of my best friends in the world were introduced to me by Christy. No that wasn't a cheeky comment about her characters, I met many lovely women on Recommend Monday and have built friendships over the years, friends that I cherish and would only be possible because I fell madly in love with one Jordan Montgomery ::sigh::

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Cheeky comment or not, it's the truth for me as well. I had no idea when I got sucked into that series that it came with so many built in friends.

      Delete
  4. LOL! I once accidentally walked into a men's bathroom too! So embarrassing, luckily no one was in it. I'll definitely be back on Friday to chat with you and Christy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've walked into a men's room on purpose. There's never a line for the mens room. ;-)
      See you Friday!

      Delete
  5. How exciting!!! Love to read Christy's books! Can't wait to chat with her!!
    I haven't ever walked into a men's room..but my father in law once sat in the woman's bathroom for over 30 minutes waiting for all the women to leave before he could escape!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG Hollie, that's HILARIOUS! Poor guy. He must have been so embarrassed.

      Delete