Amazon Associates

Monday

Celebrating Dads



Yesterday I celebrated Father's Day by holing up in a small cottage and writing for a couple hours while my father-in-law, husband and two boys took off to go fishing. 

It was such a classic, "guy" thing for them to do I couldn't help but smile as I settled in for a couple hours to myself. Both of my father figures (my dad and my step-dad) passed away several years ago, so it warms my heart to see my boys doing all those things with their grandfather. Being able to go fishing, or build a bird house or playing catch. 

It's made me wonder about all the dads in books. Typically they're all larger than life, still heroes to their sons (despite their boys now being adults). 
Who are some of your favorite father figures?


And, can anyone tell me the best way to cook trout? The trip was quite a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment