Amazon Associates

Sunday

Summertime Slump

I don't know about all of you, but I've been experiencing something of a Summer Slump when it comes to my routines.
The kids are still out of school, so my morning writing time is being invaded with small people wanting to watch movies or play Legos. We've taken a few trips here and there, which always throws everything in't chaos for awhile--not only while we're on the trip, but during the recovery time too.

One kid was in baseball, the other just started football. We've had people visiting.

Long story short (too late, I know) the summer schedule tends to be more of "hang on!" than my regular routine.  I'm craving my routine.

So, to take a tiny baby step back into the swing of things, let's talk about the summer reads we've all enjoyed this year. I've been diving into my TBR list and have found two that I'm really enjoying.

Kristen Proby & Cora Cade. And, since I've enjoyed them both so much, I'll award one lucky commenter the first of the series from one of these two authors just for sharing some of their summer time reads!


Winner will be chosen on Friday August 15th at noon PST. Feel free to share this post far and wide for more opportunities to win!

**UPDATE** Since Kristen's first book in the series is still free on Amazon, if the winner would like, I'll award the second book in the series instead.

15 comments:

  1. OOOH, I love Kristen Proby! Thanks for highlighting the first book in my series, Carmen. You are made of awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't Kristen great? I was lucky enough to meet her over lunch earlier this year and she's fabulous. Her handbag fetish rubbed off on me a little bit before I bought my Tiffany blue purse.
      And you're so welcome m'dear! It was in my TBR much too long. What a fun read!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the recs Carmen! My TBR can never be too big :)

    Two series I have loved this summer are Skye Jordan's Renegade series and Kylie Scott's Stage Dive series! Fun, steamy reads :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooo, I haven't read either of those! I'll check them out. Thank you for the recs! LOL

      And I agree. A good TBR can never be too big.

      Delete
  3. Anonymous6:33 PM

    I've decided to read all the RITA winners this year. I just finished Crazy Thing Called Love by Molly O'Keefe and loved it. I'm now reading The Firebird by Susanna Kearsley (so far I'm enjoying it.) After that, it will be Off the Edge by Carolyn Crane.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great idea Stephanie! I should try to do that. What a great way to study those authors that are making their mark right now.

      Delete
  4. I'm finally reading the Maya Banks' KGI series. AND, despite the fact I haven't been a new adult in a really long time, I've really enjoyed Katie McGarry's NA books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have yet to try a NA book. I haven't found (ok, I haven't looked) a story that I'm connecting with in NA yet.

      Delete
  5. Just replied and it disappeared. Le sigh. :) I just started American Heiress by Daisy Godwin which is historical yet fabulous and readable so far. I finished Drop dead gorgeous last night by Linda Howard, quick fun read. Before that Defending Jacob. A deep, sort of hard to read, very like Jodi Pico ult book but I enjoyed it. I am a thriller girl mainly but I read a variety as you can tell!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're a girl after my heart Tracy, with your reading tastes. I love the authors you mentioned! Great fun! And it's always fabulous to find new reads.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. WINNER!!!! [picked by a blind, random draw]
    Kara C, let me know which books you'd like to receive and in which format and we'll get you your prize!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darn! I missed out! I just found out about it on FB from Sabrina York! Well, either way my summer reading has been mostly discovering new authors - CJ Ellisson and her VV Inn series, Maragret Taylor and her Dragons, Gryphons, etc series, Mary Moriarty's The Witchling Grows Up. I also read a few from one of my faves - Michelle Pillow and Cynthia Eden. I think that covered it all! At least I hope so! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by and sharing your summer reads Cherri! Sorry you were late to the party...I'll poke Sabrina earlier next time to make sure she shares the give aways sooner. ;-) Either way, I hope you'll check out Kristen Proby (Come With Me is currently free on Amazon) and Cora Cade. I highly rec both!
      And, just so you know, I plan on hosting more authors and having more giveaways, so be sure to check in.

      Cheers!

      Delete
  8. I WON? Sweet, thank you! What a great way for a teacher to end the summer - with a new book. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes ma'am!! Let's coordinate getting you your winnings! It'll soothe your back-to-school blues.

      Delete