Amazon Associates

Wednesday

Death by...accessories?

As a suspense author I spent a lot of time planning the demise of some characters. Sometimes it's just because they are bugging me. These tend to be quick and easy. Like being tossed out a window of a high rise, or pushed off a cliff. Maybe even shot pointblank while the gunman saunters off into the sunset. These are probably the easiest for me.



Sometimes I need to figure out an attempt on their life, but something that won't actually do them in. My husband has become fairly used to me asking questions like, "Is it possible to reverse the exaust in the car and the driver wouldn't be aware of it?" and since one of my bosses is a former trauma surgeon I've been known to ask, "If I shot someone right here, would they live? What about here?"


And sometimes I read something in the news or think of something that's so beyond the scope of reality that it could only happen in reality. Today I was getting ready to take the 50lb lap dog out on a walk. He was under my feet, just like usual, when my purse fell off the chair it was sitting in and nearly conked him in the head. And since we'd been out for dinner last night, my purse was full of toys for the kids, the kindle, probably a small boulder or two. You've picked up those purses that are literally 20 pounds or more, so you know what I mean.  And I couldn't help think..."Death by purse?" Which of course took me to various other accessories that could be used in someone's demise.


What do you think? What accessory would be the best?

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:44 AM

    I think my favorite was death by spoon. Alas, I can't take credit for it-it was the murder weapon in Murder in the First.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I'm going to date myself, but remember that Robin Hood movie?
      "I'll gut you with a spoon!"
      "Why a spoon cousin? Why not a knife?"
      "Because it will hurt more you twit!"

      Delete
    2. Anonymous10:30 AM

      Haha, I love it!

      Delete
  2. I love this! Especially since in the first blog post I wrote for Tempting Romance, I hit upon the idea of killing someone with a stiletto. As in, narrow-heeled six inch designer heels. I still love the idea and I'm determined to use it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that idea too! It could work.
      Especially if you stabbed them right *here*. :-)

      Delete
  3. Poisonous lipstick administered to the victim via the kiss of death. The killer obviously has developed an immunity to the poison due to extensive exposure to said toxin as a child. She may also have a syringe filled with the medication that quickly reverses the effects of the poison tucked away in her backup weapon.... aka: her purse.

    I love the stiletto idea. There is something very satisfying about the thought of a bad guy stumbling around with a shoe sticking out of his eye socket.

    Exploding earrings? Evil female villain "looses her head" over her Valentine's Day gift? Bahahaha! OR....If the intended victim has a thick head of hair you could easily slip the earring off, "drop" the earring into his wavy locks and exit unnoticed. Think experienced pick pocket (light touch is a must)meets Maguyver. Hey.... if "they" can make bubble gum that blows open locked doors, they could easily make an earring that would blow the back of a guy's head off. Right? Okay.... Time to get back to the laundry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE it PittieCick! I'm not sure whether to be terrified of your thought process or in awe. :-) I'll stick with being in awe. That's awesome.

      Delete